Location: Online (Zoom)
Registration is now open for the 2021 Joint Annual Meeting of The Sedona Conference Working Group 9 on Patent Damages and Remedies (WG9) and Working Group 10 on Patent Litigation Best Practices (WG10) to be held online on Thursday, November 18, and Friday, November 19.
Please join us virtually from 11:30 AM – 4:30 PM ET each day. The primary focus of this meeting will be for our numerous current WG9/10 drafting teams to lead a document-based dialogue to obtain member comment and advance the following draft commentaries toward publication for public comment:
- Streamlining Lower-Value Patent Cases
- The Evolving Relationship Between Federal Courts and Administrative Agencies
- Strategic and Tactical Considerations in Selecting Venues for Global Patent Litigation
- Cross-Border Discovery in U.S. Patent and Trade Secrets Cases – "Stage Two"
- SEP/FRAND Licensing and Royalty Issues - "Global Edition"
And also to form and launch the following commentary drafting team efforts:
- The Role of Patents in Biopharma v. High-Tech Industries: Can One Patent System Effectively Accommodate Both?
- Patent Litigation Best Practices in Europe before the Forthcoming Unified Patent Court
At the end of the first day of the meeting, the Hon. Kathleen O'Malley will provide her thoughts on the current state of the patent system and ways it might be improved. And we will close day two of the meeting with a judicial roundtable.
We will maintain our dialogue-based format in moving this meeting online and carefully design our program to maximize the level of participation for each of our meeting participants.
Please help us ensure that each of our forthcoming publications reflect the consensus, nonpartisan approach of The Sedona Conference, and join the dialogue!
The Sedona Conference will seek CLE accreditation in accordance with rules and regulations set forth by individual jurisdictions for virtual meetings. Various state MCLE authorities require that we verify your live, active participation throughout the program.